Photo: JW Marriott Palm Desert - venue of the 2017 Mega Event
Event Overview & Theme: Mega Event 2017 was held at the JW Marriott Desert near Palm Springs, California. Mega Event was the place to make business contacts with executives managing Loyalty Programs, Ancillary Revenue Programs & Co-Brand Card Programs at many of the world's largest airlines and travel brands. It was aslo the place to be in order to learn, discuss & debate the latest trends and best practices in these areas. The 2017 theme was "To Boldy Go."
Mega Event offered three conference tracks in a single venue: 1) Loyalty Conference 2) Ancillary Revenue & Merchandising Conference & 3) Co-Brand Partnerships Conference, as well as the 2017 Mega Awards sponsored by Avis-Budget Group, recognizing excellence in these areas. Scroll down to see the 2017 conference hot topics and agenda.
To access the presentations from this conference, click on the button above and request the presentations from the "Mega Event 2017" Conference.
8th MEGA EVENT 2017 HOT TOPICS: TO BOLDLY GO?
Accor Hotels decided to have non-Accor brands sold on Accor's own website. Some would call this very bold, but in a fast changing world, are such brave moves and strategies the only way to get ahead? The same old ideas may no longer cut it, if you want to survive and prosper in today's travel market. So, the 8th Mega Event Worldwide challenged attendees to be bold! A few of the hot topics covered included:
• Is Loyalty Dead?: With major programs now nearly all "miles for spend," is this delivering loyalty?
• Predictive Analytics: Do you want to get bold with predicting what customers will want or pay for?
• Are non airline co-brands a threat or opportunity?: The rise of travel programs from the banks - does this mean more business for the airlines or eating miles from core co-brands?
• Creating Retailing Opportunities: Will platforms like IATA NDC allow travel merchants to become true retailers?
• Business to Business Loyalty: Are B2B Programs a bold move or are you paying more for exisiting business?
• Selling in Path: OTA's bundle and sell better! Should airlines and hotels sell their competitors like Accor?
• Data is Key: - 10 items you must do to win the Merchandising wars
• Loyalty Fraud & Data Breaches: This isn't just for IT and Finance. It's about your customers!
• Chat Bots and Voice Recognition: Can they deliver loyalty and ancillary revenues?
• Frequent Flyer vs. Frequent Buyers: Can you have both? Are airlines and hotels losing to card programs?
• Ancillary Revenue Management: American Airlines has thousands of prices for extra leg room seats. Can such personalisaton of Pricing & Revenue Management enhance the bottom-line?
• Co-Brands & Big Data: How programs are using co-brand cards to drive spend
• Lions' Den: Showcase of new and bold products that have just 5 minutes to sell their idea!
About our Media Partner:
The biggest global network of over 35.000 fintech professionals and our experienced consultants they are able connect you to highly skilled people to boost your business performance.
To learn more about Payments & Cards Network, please visit: http://www.teampcn.com
To read all Magazine issues, please visit: http://www.paymentsandcardsmag.com
To sign up for the monthly magazine issue, please visit: http://www.teampcn.com/signup
Photo: Networking at Mega Event 2017 in Palm Desert
|Companies registered for 2017 included:|
1-2-1 Marketing Service Group