Photo: ATPS 2015 Conference
Airlines & travel companies continue to spend Billions of Dollars each year to collect payments, while losing over a Billion Dollars annually to credit card fraud - forming their largest controllable cost. The 10th annual Airline & Travel Payments Summit (ATPS), co-hosted with UATP, examined the key payment & fraud-related issues that enhance the airline & travel industry's profitability. The theme of the event was Delivering the Digital Revolution - how digital innovation can be embraced to deliver for customers, while also driving down payment costs for airlines & travel companies.
To obtain this event's presentations, click on the button for "Sign up for Conference Presentations" below and request the presentations from the "2016 Airline and Travel Payment Summit."
EVENT SPONSOR MATERIALS
►UATP Alternative Forms of Payments
►2016 3-D Secure in Travel Survey Results by Ingenico ePayments
To obtain the presentations from this event, click on the button above for "Sign up for Conference Presentations" and request those from the "2016 Airline & Travel Payments Summit."
PRESENTATIONS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD ON REQUEST:
►Let the Digital Payments Revolution Begin: Lessons from the hotel world
• David Cabreza, Director International Distribution Services, Hilton Hotels Worldwide
• Mike Carlo, Global Head of Travel, Transpay
►What Does the Future of Digital Payments Look Like?
• Michel Léger, EVP Innovation, Ingenico Labs
►Delivering the Digital Revolution: Case Study – Industry Best Practice
• Anna Stelmach, Senior Financial Specialist, LOT Polish Airlines
• Davi Strazza, VP International Sales, Adyen
►Russian Payments Market Overview
• Zlata Vorontsova, Business Development Director, International Processing Systems
►In-house, Outsourcing or Interim? Best practices in payments management
• Josep Bernat, CEO, Nuk Consultants & former CFO Odigeo
►IATA EasyPay: A new solution to B2B payments?
• Daniel Gonzalez, Manager IATA EasyPay, IATA
►Beyond Bitcoin: What implications the Blockchain has for payments
• Kristian Gjerding CEO, Cellpoint Mobile
►2016 Fraud Trends & Best Practices from Other Industries
• Masha Cilliers, Principal Consultant, Payment Options
►Credit Card Fraud Days of Action: 2016 update
• Jesus Ortega, European Cybercrime Centre, Europol
• Jan Jaap Kramer, CEO, Travel FraudGuard
►Tokenisation: What it means and the impact for payments
• Pascal Buchner, Director ITS & CIO, IATA
►Preventing Fraud in the Mobile Channel: Best practice solutions
• David Reid, Risk Manager, ACI Worldwide
• Nicolas Bosmans, Fraud Manager, Voyages-SNCF
►Wearable, Mobile and Next Gen Technology: The implications for payments & fraud
• Kevin O’Shaughnessy, CEO & Founder, Indigo
►KLM Case Study: Best practice in next generation Multi Currency Pricing (MCP)
• Maarten Rooijers, Senior Manager Payments, KLM
• Daniel Baars, Business Process Manager, KLM
►Regulation Update: Capped interchange & PSD 2 what it all means for your business
• Ulf Geismar, Director, Edgar, Dunn & Co
►Virtual Payments: The key element in delivering digital payments for the travel industry
• Tom Cunningham, VP Business Development, UATP
• Jim McGowan, Travel Solutions Manager, WEX Inc
►Securing Payments at the Airport
• Jorge Sorial, Head of Partnerships, Amadeus Travel Payments
• Ángel Cancelo, Senior Sales Manager, Ingenico Groupove.
Photo: Networking at a past ATPS event
|The companies that participated in ATPS 2016 were:|