Photo: Fort Worth - the most Western feeling of big US cities & venue of the ATPS 2015 Conference
Airlines & travel companies are paying Billions of Dollars each year to collect payments! And, with an increasing shift of bookings to the online and mobile channels, will these costs increase or decrease? The 9th annual Airline & Travel Payments Summit (ATPS), co-Hosted with UATP, tackled these and other key payment & fraud-related issues that enhance the airline & travel industry's profitability. It offered three conference tracks in a single conference: 1) Payments Track, 2) Fraud Track & 3) Travel Agency & OTA Track. You may scroll down this webpage to see the hot topics that were covered and its agenda in PDF. Its conference presentations are available on request by clicking on the tab for "2015 Presentations" at the top of this webpage.
ATPS 2015 AGENDA
Some of the Hot Topics covered included:
• Pre-Event OTA MasterClass with WEX Inc.
• Omnichannel Challenges: can your company deliver seemless omni-channel payments?
• Payment and Fraud Costs: will virtual currencies deliver lower costs and less fraud?
• EMV in the USA: will you be ready for Chip n Pin and the move to online fraud that it will cause?
• AFOP: is 2015 the year that Alternative Forms of Payment will take off for airline & travel sales?
• Data Breaches
• Apple Pay: with jetBlue now accepting Apple Pay onboard, will more travel companies adopt Apple Pay?
• Frauds & Scams Update: what are the latest tactics of the fraudsters that you need to know?
• Corporate Payments: managing the rising costs of corporate payments
• Chargebacks: latest best practices for better managing chargebacks
• Bitcoin & Digital Currencies: are digital currencies right for your company?
• 3D Secure: the results of Ingenico Payment Services' 2015 3D Secure Survey of airlines & travel companies
• IATA New Distribution Capability (NDC) & Travel Payments
• Lions' Den: the latest payment & fraud-related products & services were pitched in "the Den"
Photo: ATPS 2015 Conference
Held in Fort Worth, Texas on the 29th and 30th of October 2015, the 2015 Airline & Travel Payments Summit covered best practices in managing payments and fraud in the airline & travel industry. Access to the conference presentations was provided to conference attendees, however, you may request access to them by clicking on the button at the bottom of this screen.
EVENT SPONSOR MATERIALS (Scroll down to request access to the presentations.)
►2014 3-D Secure Payments Barometer
►8 Tips for Fraud Prevention
►Corporate Brochure for Airlines
►Infographic on Chinese E-commerce and Payments
►Rail Europe Case Study
►EasyJet Case Study
►Southwest Airlines Case Study
►British Airways Case Study
►Perseuss Travel Brochure
►Amadeus GDS Fraud Information
►Amadeus White Paper
►Airline Case Study
►Ethoca Corporate Overview
►Ethoca Merchant Alters
►Global Airline Case Study
►Bitnet Data Sheet
►TravelFraud Guard Brochure
►Phone Fraud Report
►Airline & Travel Solutions
►Travel Solutions Overview
► Converged Payment Gateway
► Loyalty Fraud
► Travel Bank
Photo: Networking at a past ATPS event
|Companies that Attended in 2014 included:||Companies that attended in 2015 included:|
41st Parameter (an Experian Company)
ACTA (Assoc. of Canadian Travel Agencies)
AIB Merchant Services
AIG Travel Guard
Air Canada Vacations
Air New Zealand
Bank of America Merchant Services
Baudon Nortier Consulting
Carlson Wagonlit Travel
Delta Air Lines
Edgar, Dunn & Co.
El Al Israel Airlines
InAuth Advanced Security
Ingenico Payment Services
Intercontinental Hotels Group
Multi Service Technology Solutions
Ovation Travel Group
SEB Kort - Euroline
TAM Brazilian Airlines
Travel Payment Expertise
Virgin Atlantic Airways
Ypsilon Payment Solutions