Photo: Kuala Lumpur - venue of the ATPS Asia-Pacific 2016 Conference
STOP PRESS: The 2017 ATPS Asia-Pacific Conference will take place in the Hilton Garden Inn Bali Ngurah Rai Airport in Bali, Indonesia from 29-31 August 2017. Block your Calendar
With the Asian travel market forecasted to grow to $155 billion in 2017 and with half of that purchased online, the challenges facing the region's travel providers are getting more complex. Additionally, as penetration of smartphones rapidly outstrips other global regions, balancing a good customer experience with fraud prevention has become critical - and doing so in every channel cost effectively is now a key business objective. In the face of this fast-changing travel industry landscape in Asia-Pacific, this year's conference theme was Asia's Digital Payments Revolution. This conference, held in Kuala Lumpur, examined how digital innovation can be embraced to deliver for travellers, while also driving down payment costs for airlines and travel companies. Scroll down to see the conference agenda and hot topics. The conference PowerPoint presentations are also available for download by clicking on the button below.
To obtain the presentations from this event, click on the button above for "Sign up for Conference Presentations" and request those from the "2016 Airline & Travel Payments Summit Asia-Pacific."
And checkout a few photos of this event on our Facebook page here.
ATPS APAC 2016 AGENDA & HOT TOPICS:
Note: To see the complete conference agenda, please click on the "Agenda in PDF" button above.
Some of the topics covered from the perspective of the Asian-Pacific market included:
• Pre-Event Asia-Pacific Airlines Fraud Prevention Group Meeting
• Regional Market Overview: APAC is not the same as the rest of the world - it is a rich and diverse region
• Multi-Channel Challenges: With the highest penetration in the world of smartphones, how do you manage the customer experience in every channel?
• Cross Border Payments: With a multitude of different curriences managing foreign exchange risk can be the difference between profit and loss
• New Payments Technologies: Can exisiting payment & fraud platforms deliver in the digital world?
• Machine Learning: Can the machines help us in the battle against fraud?
• Outsourcing: is this way to to to lower costs and reduce complexity?
• Blockchain: What is it and how will it impact payments and fraud?
• Tokenisation: What Apple & Android Pay and their technologies mean for payments
• Frauds & Scams Update: What are the latest tactics of the fraudsters that you need to know?
• Corporate Payments: Managing the rising costs of corporate payments
• Managing FX Revenues & Costs: Moving beyond DCC & MCP to manage overall FX costs & risk
• 3D Secure: Results of Ingenico Payment Services' 2016 3D Secure Survey of airlines & travel companies
• Lions' Den: Innovative payment & fraud-related products & services were pitched in "the Den"
Follow us on Twitter: @Ai_Connects_Us and Checkout our Events at: www.AiConnects.us
Photo: Discussions at a past ATPS event
|The following companies participated in 2016:|